Sunday 8 June 2008

Sex And The City - Nixon Wants Rebellious Gay Wedding

SEX AND THE CITY star CYNTHIA NIXON wants to wed her partner CHRISTINE MARINONI - because gay weddings are 'rebellious'.

The actress began dating Marinoni in 2004, and rumours surfaced last month (Apr08) the pair would marry later this year (08) in a low key ceremony.

But Nixon, 42, admits she's never been keen on marriage in the past - although she would consider wedding Marioni because it would be an act of rebellion.

She says, "It (marriage) is something my girlfriend is interested in and it was not something my boyfriend (Danny Mozer, with who she spilt after 15 years together) ever was. I think that to get married to her would be a little act of rebellion. It's like if you've never had the vote and then you get it you're going to run out there and vote.

"I always avoided marriage in the past and was very wary of it. I felt like it was potentially a trap. People sometimes want the party, the gifts, and the public celebration of this big love - they're excited about that rather than the life commitment. So I always stayed clear of it."




See Also